Rhino Armor Tuck Trunk Back
Stronger and more durable than steel trunks, yet 20% lighter!
This hand-crafted American Made Rhino Armor Tuck Trunk™ is constructed from the highest quality components. Rhino Armor™ is an exterior 1000d Cordura Nylon textured sheathing that’s highly resistant to water penetration, denting and scratching. The Rhino Armor is laminated over 3/8" Baltic Birch hardwood plywood. Rhino Armor Trunks™ are available in 18 colors and weigh about 20% less than steel trunks. They not only are just as strong as steel trunks, but are actually more durable.
The Rhino Armor Tuck Trunk™ is conveniently sized and ruggedly built. In fact, its strong enough to stand on! The Rhino Armor Tuck Trunk™ is easily stowed and can be securely locked to insure the safety of personal items. Its low height will allow it to fit under most camp or college bunks. In England, they call this style trunk a “tuck box” where it is commonly used in boarding schools. Some people also refer to this size as a treasure chest.
This Rhino Armor Tuck Trunk™ is ideal for:
- Home – storage, furnishings, doll trunk, etc…
- Cabin/Cottage – storage, furnishings, blanket chest, etc…
- Office – storage, furnishings, etc…
- Not suited for use as a shipping container or for airline use. Please see our airline trunk or ATA shipping cases.
- External dimensions – 20" L x 11.75" W x 12" H
- Internal dimensions – 19.25" L x 11" W x 11.25" H
- Storage capacity – 1.38 cubic feet
- Empty weight – 16 pounds
- Not to be used as an airline or UPS shipping case
Rhino Armor Tuck Trunk™ Quality Construction Features:
- Armor Exterior laminated over 3/8" premium grade Baltic Birch hardwood plywood
- Entire frame and interior constructed of smooth 3/8" premium grade Baltic Birch hardwood plywood throughout. No paper or plastic lining anywhere. Therefore, you’ll never have a problem with peeling or tearing.
- The Rhino Armor™ Cordura sheathing ensures that Rhino Armor Trunks™ have the most durable exterior available in the trunk industry. Available in 18 colors.
- Strong hand-crafted construction using both old world trunkmaking skills and advanced aviation rivet technology. Steel and aluminum aircraft rivets are used to ensure durability.
- Heavy duty proprietary nickel plated steel hardware
- Heavy duty nickel plated steel lid hinges plus a nickel plated steel lid stay for keeping the lid propped open
- Tight fitting steel tongue and groove lid to base closure to keep out moisture, dirt, insects, odors, etc…
- Stylish lockable nickel plated steel trunk lock. Also has a loop for attaching a padlock.
- Optional trunk anchor cable system for securely tethering the trunk to a bed post or similar structure. Keeps a thief from running off with your trunk.
- Genuine leather handles (extremely durable)
- Lifetime warranty – free non-cosmetic repairs for the life of the trunk
- American craftsmanship